Sunday, March 22, 2009

Favorites



Have you noticed that when you go to the grocery store you only purchase your favorite brand and not the cheapest on some items? Let's take ice cream, now my favorite is Ben & Jerry's but occasionally I will purchase Haagen Daz but only the vanilla. With B&J, I purchase the Cherry Garcia, Cookie Dough, Chunky Monkey and Strawberry Cheesecake....okay not all at once unless they are the little single serving cups. Which by the way is a great way to limit your intake of ice cream if you like to over indulge. I will not buy the cheap stuff. If I'm going to have ice cream, I might as well splurge. Now this Imagine Whirled Peace flavor, I haven't tried it yet, and haven't even seen it in my stores here, but I might just give it a try.

Another thing I like to buy the name brand of it cereal. I won't buy the cereal in a bag even though it may taste just as good.. not sure why, but I really don't think anyone can make Cheerios other than Cheerios.

Next time you are grocery shopping take note of what you have in your shopping cart. Do you buy off brands or are they all name brand items. In this day and age of saving money, think about buying the store brand for some items and reserve the name brands for your favorite things like ice cream and cereal.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin