Thursday, June 25, 2009

Featured Artist - Emily Balivet

I have a great appreciation for artists and the medium they work in, but to have such imagination and creativity is sometimes beyond my grasp. This work by Emily Balivet of Mythological Goddess Art is amazing. The colors just come out and grab you as well as the subject matter. It takes you back in time and makes you wonder just what it was like. Emily's shop can be found on 1000 Markets HERE. She offers ACEO's (2.5" x 3.5" prints), 8 x 10 prints and original artwork, so you can find something in your price range.

Emily states: Mainly, I just allow art to happen, as it has a life of it's own. My creations are directed by my muse and often reflect the divine balance of the light and darker aspects of my emotional being. In that way, art has been the ultimate window into my own subconscious. I have been designing and selling my work worldwide for over 15 years. Raised in Alaska, I was born and presently reside in Vermont where my primary artistic focus is on my fantastical and mythological paintings.. Now a mother of two young daughters, I occasionally shift my artistic talents to create clothing, natural wooden toys, and nearly anything possible to make by hand!

Here are a few samples of Emily's work. Please visit her shop and browse her mythothological art.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin