Sunday, August 30, 2009

Featured Artist - Julie DeGroot


I stumbled across this wonderful glass artist today while cruising the 1000 Markets site. She makes some of the most magical garden elements. Wind chimes are some of my favorite things to have in the garden besides rocks and hers are very unique. I especially love the stained glass koy fish for those that do not raise their own fish. Here is a little bit about Julie.

Just a little bit about me, I live in Beautiful Western New York, in the country surrounded by the woods and nature in a home that my husband and I built together from the ground up. The picture above is my teahouse and was a present built by my son and my husband, which is very dramatic when lit up at night. The pond in my banner and used in a lot of my pictures was hand dug and sculpted by hubby and me, filled with Japanese koi and lots of love. My gardens are wonderfully peaceful and just a beautiful place to sit to be inspired. When I find the time to do what I love, I’m in my glass studio, if not you will find me in my gardens : )

I am a self taught artist ~ I have been enjoying and creating stained glass, mosaic designs, paintings, murals and my gardens for over 20 years now. My art is everywhere inside and out of my home.

I have this great passion for glass, for my gardens and the great outdoors, so I combined them all to create my glass art for your home and garden. I create one of a kind stained glass art, inspired by nature. All of my glass art is individually designed and handcrafted by myself. Each piece is totally unique.

I’m always on the lookout for vintage glass, beads or different objects to reuse. I love to upcycle these into my art. To take nothing and turning it into something! Love that!! I think a garden should be filled with not only plants & love but a whimsical place to visit, little surprises around every corner.

I have a lot of fun creating my glass art ~ Nature always sings to me ~

Please check out Julie's 1000 Markets site and find your Jewels in the Garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin