Thursday, September 03, 2009

Featured Artist - Artwork by KD


I happened across this artist, Kathy DellaValle, while looking through some of the ArtFire shops in the Green Products area. I love her use of recycled products in her jewelry collection and her music has a folky, blues feel. Something that you can feel at home listening to just about anytime. You can listen to her music on her Myspace page HERE. I've included Kathy's bio below. Feel free to browse her ArtFire shop where she has her jewelry collection as well as a CD available.

My name is Kathy and I'm a full time artist from NE Pennsylvania. After being graduated from college for a year (painting major/art history minor) and some soul searching I decided the only way I would be happy was if I started my own full time art business. Luckily I have tons of support from my wonderful husband! Thus Artwork by KD!! I'm also a musician...

I took a couple jewelry metal classes in college and loved being able to create unique jewelry. However, the metals didn't quite feel like me or the message I want to convey in my work. One day as I was looking at an Aquafina bottle it literally dawned on me to use recycled materials! So I use what I learned in my jewelry metals classes (and painting classes) and carry it over to my media of recycled plastics and aluminum. These are materials that I come across everyday. I also get donations from friends and family (recycling is contagious). They include all kinds of plastic bottles and containers and aluminum cans. I also collect materials for my packaging and shipping materials. I reuse empty food boxes, magazines and brownpaper bags.

I've always been serious about recycling, reusing and cutting down on waste. I'm so happy to be able to join my art and love of recycling into lovely, funky jewelry! These pieces are an extension of me and my style. I hope you love them as much as I do!Check out my music at: http://www.myspace.com/kathydellavalle

**No matter what I'm making I always try to create an Experience, because to me that is what Art is...Thank you for reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin