Sunday, February 21, 2010

Where are the Trees?

We made it back in the motor home from Arizona on Friday. What a trip! We traveled straight through from Arizona to Washington and it took 3 days. I don't think I want to go back out on the road for a little while....at least until March when we drive to Napa. Wine is always a good thing to look forward to. Anyway, as we were traveling through Arizona there was a sign that said Joshua Tree National Forest. I'm thinking this is the desert and what does a Joshua tree look like. So, I snapped a few photos of the landscape so that I could do some research once home. So first picture is the landscape and second is a stock photo of a Joshua tree. Humm, do you see any there? To find out more about the Joshua Tree here is a link to Wik
ipedia.
I must have missed them. You would think that if it was a NATIONAL FOREST you would find some of these trees. Nope didn't see a one. We did see an amazing wind farm. Windmills as far as the eye could see. This picture was in Southern California before you get into LA.

So that was in Southern California and now for Northern, and that's when we saw Mount Shasta. Now it isn't as large as the Mountains we have here in Washington, but is quite nice.

Yes, that is the buggy windshield of the bus/motor home. I tried to get photos of Mount Adams, Mount Hood and Mount St. Helens, but the sun was in the wrong place and they all had glare, but those Mountains are quite beautiful also. Last but not least here is a photo of the inside of the bus. I'm sure we will get lots of travel time out of it.

Hopefully you have had a great week while I was gone. No Wi-Fi anywhere we stopped so I was going through internet withdrawals...I'll make up for it today.

3 comments:

  1. That looks like fun! Glad the motor home made it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I am SOOOOO jealous!!! I want a motorhome someday. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow love the motorhome. How fun. I love travelling around!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin