Thursday, July 01, 2010

I Thought It Would Be Easier

Yes, I'm talking about granite installation. It is now 6:18 pm and they have been here since 10:30 am. Thank heavens most of the cutting, grinding and polishing was done outside. They had to do the sink cut out in the kitchen with the granite in place. Can you hear me coughing now? Dust, dust everywhere and we had it blocked off with plastic and doors closed. They are so close to being finished, then I get to clean all the dust off the new cabinets. Yea. Then maybe I'll get some dinner tonight.

Well, since I've been locked up in my craft room all day I had a chance to make and finish my diary pages for the Diary 2011 Project. Here is a picture of them. I chose two dates as they will be on the same page.


I have three others that I decided not to use but I will include them in my art journal so they won't go to waste.  The other three are mixed media and really didn't reflect me....at least not yet. The watercolor painting that these two are designed after is one of mine. The pages had to be in grey scale so I had to find something that would work with the various shades of grey and the painting worked perfectly.

If you are interested in participating in this project, there are still dates open. Click the link at the right for Diary 2011 Project. I'll let you know when the diary's are available for sale. I know I'm going to get one and I'm sure I'll be getting some for friends and family for holiday presents.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely Dana! I went went to the link and looked at this wonderful idea...but I can't draw worth spit.

    Granite dust, eh? Hmmmmmmm I'm rethinking this idea of redoing the kitchen...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:34 AM

    This is soooo cool! I have to tell my daughter about this and now I have to buy this thing! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:49 PM

    I asked for a date.....can't wait to work up a design!
    Teri

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin