Thursday, July 29, 2010

Off to Portland

I decided to take a few days off and head to Portland to visit a friend. Hubby and the dogs are staying home this trip so this will be a girly weekend and I'm so looking forward to it. I'm taking my camera so I hope to get some great shots of the surroundings and other wonderful things. The one thing I want to do that I haven't done in a long time is visit the Rose Garden. They have the most amazing collection of roses I've ever seen. Maybe I'll get some new pictures that I can use as inspiration for painting.

I did want to try to find a store I read about but can't find the name now. It has lots of bits and pieces for the collage and mixed media artist, so I'm not sure if it is an antique store or how it is categorized so that I can find it since I can't remember the name or even where I read about it. Oh, well an excuse to make another trip once I find out. It's not like my shed in the back doesn't have a ton of vintage and antique stuff in it...(closed our antique mall space in December). I could just go shopping out there, but that wouldn't have the adventure in it that I'm longing for. I just want to find inspiration in odd places, so we shall see what we find this weekend.

I haven't gotten my July tutorial finished....humm not sure what to do this month anyway. Maybe this is a good time to get away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin