Saturday, July 10, 2010

Simply Amazing

I had the best time last night teaching 10 wonderful people how to make gem trees. Everyone finished their tree (although it wasn't dry from gluing it on the base) and I think they all enjoyed themselves. Here is a picture of all their wonderful creations.


So, if you want to learn how to make these wonderful trees, you might just get your chance at the Bellevue Bead Show in November. I'll let you know how that turns out.

I did have a chance to visit the bead show yesterday before class and was able to find the focal bead for the necklace I designed for the July ABS Challenge. It's the orange disk if you couldn't tell. Isn't it great?



These great disk beads are made out of recycled art glass that would have landed in the land fill. Now you want to know where you can get your own LOOT?  Okay, okay I'll tell you. The name of the company is called LOOT. Genevieve Church is the artist that reclaims all the broken art glass and uses it to create these great little treasures. If you are interested here is here e-mail: info@recycledloot.com.

Aren't all these beads yummy! That's all for now peeps. Have a great rest of your weekend.

2 comments:

  1. WOW! Your students were definitely creative and made some beautiful trees! That's a sign of a great teacher!

    The LOOT is perfect! I have to go see if they make beads! I've noticed a lot of people are making jewelry from recycled parts! Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, now that is just mean. Here I am trying to NOT buy jewelry supplies and actually get rid of my stuff and you're tempting me with LOOT. SO stunning. I just love all the colors. :)

    Glad your class went well. This is the first year in at least 5 that I haven't attended any classes or gone to the show. :(

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin