Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Creating Art

Have you ever felt in just one of those moods? I haven't been in the mood to make jewelry lately..I know it will come again and I made so many gem trees in the last month that I don't want to see them for a little while. So, now I go to my studio (you notice that when I create art I now call it my studio) and paint, collage, cut and ultimately just make a mess but sometimes I do end up with Art.

I joined an Artists Trading Card group to get me back into art and painting and so far love, love, love it. When I join a swap, it forces me to create. I know a lot of people can't create that way but sometimes I need the little push. The first swap was called "Tiki Party", how appropriate for the end of Summer and I just finished today my "Native American Design" cards. All of these cards are original paintings, watercolor pencil or pen/ink. Now to get them all in the mail to the swap host. I'll share the cards I get in return from the swap when they arrive in October.

6/6 "Tiki Party" swap cards

3/3 "Native American Design" swap cards (the large circle one is not part of the swap)
I did make a couple other cards just for fun today.


Since my studio is such a mess, maybe I'll make more art later this week. No reason to clean it up if I'm just going to get it messy again.

Tomorrow we are off to the Western Washington State Fair to volunteer for a few hours in the Hobby Hall for the gem and mineral club we belong to. If you live in Washington and you haven't been to the fair yet, you really need to go soon as Sunday is the last day.

1 comment:

  1. I know how you feel, I haven't been in the mood to sew lately either! I need to find a way to jump-start myself!
    Is the Western Washington Fair the one in Puyallup? We used to go to that one when I was a kid, we lived up on the hill in Puyallup. :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin