Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Little More Art

Today I decided to work on art. Not just any art but Art Cards. I am so fascinated with these little works of art. They are called ACEO's, which stand for Art Cards, Editions & Originals. They are only 2.5" x 3.5" the size of a trading card (like baseball or even playing cards). In fact, I used an old deck of playing cards for the base of my little pieces of art. Some of them I finished awhile ago but had never mounted so it was play around day....get those mounted and work on a couple more. I still have yet to figure out what to do with them once I finish. Should I join a swap/trade group, sell them or just keep them and if I keep them how do I display them. Oh well, I can figure all that out later, now I'm just happy to have some free time to play around with them.

These are the finished ones.


These are the ones that are still a work on progress or need to be mounted.


All of my cards have an acrylic base coat or two with a design and then other elements added on top except for the black card with the red paint. I like it so well I will probably leave it as is.

I found a lot of other cool ACEO's on ArtFire and made a collection to share with you. If you want to find out more about that piece of art or artist, just click on that picture.



1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin