Sunday, September 19, 2010

What a Show

Just back from demonstrating at a rock and mineral show in Castle Rock, Washington. Fun time even though it rained buckets and we had a few worries about whether or not we would be able to get the bus out of the muddy lot where we parked for the weekend. We made it out fine and even came out a little ahead in money we took in. Here is a picture of my little space in the demonstrators room. I had one table for hubby and me to demonstrate and another one to show/sell trees and supplies.


The best thing about demonstrating at the gem and mineral shows is meeting all the wonderful people and sharing your love of the hobby.  As a demonstrator we are not charged for our table space as we are required to demonstrate and teach over the weekend and in turn we get to sell what we make. What a deal and what fun. The other hobbies being demonstrated were wire wrapping, silversmithing, faceting, cabbing and mineral identification. My next gem and mineral show demonstration for gem trees will be at the Bellevue Gem Show next month. I'll share more about that later.

In other news, I mentioned this Summer that I was involved in the Diary 2011 Project and now that project is almost ready and they are taking orders for the diaries. I still have yet to get my order in but I know what my friends and family are getting for Christmas presents. Here is where you can check it out and order if you wish.


I have lots more to share but this night is getting along and I'm ready for a rest after such a busy weekend. Until tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin