Sunday, October 31, 2010

A Charming Sunday

Today I explored my inner muse. Sometimes she does come out to play so I set aside today just for her. I have a charm swap I'm participating in for November and decided to make charms using only the items I have in my craft room. The theme is blue, white/clear and silver. Most of mine are blue and silver with a few that have some white pearls mixed in but I did try my hand at using some of my found objects in my designs. Here is a sample...yes charmsters these are actual charms that I will be sending in my swap so this is your preview.


For those of you interested, the crystal ladder charm will be featured here on my blog in the next couple of days. Photos have been taken and now I have to write it up. As you can see with some of the other charms, I dug in my sewing box and found some large snaps, safety pins and buttons that I used as well as finding a few Washington State Tax tokens. I had so much fun playing and trying out new designs. Now to get into hubby's tool box and see what kind of cool items I can find out there. He did mention that he might have some old glass fuses. I bet I could wire wrap those into a charm.

I'm off to make some crab cakes for dinner. Have a great evening.

P.S. If you want to participate in the blog hop for November with your commitment to Create Every Day, just send me an e-mail or comment here on my blog and I'll add you to the list.

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful charms--I love your use of found objects! I'm glad that I am in the swap and will get to receive one of your lovelies. I am also going to be playing along with the Create Every Day in November. I won't blog every day, but I will give a run down of what I've been up to. My blog is www.enchanted-art.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your creativity and imagination, these are inspiring charms! oxo, Celia

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I did it. I created today! Yea me! Sign me up!

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. very inspiring.i love your inner muse.great playmate

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin