Friday, October 29, 2010

Committed to Creating Every Day

Yes, I'm going to take up the challenge. For the month of November I commit to create every day. I figure I have charms to make, gem trees, jewelry, artist trading cards, books, sewing jewelry bags and creating items for holiday presents that this should be a no brainer. I will be posting my progress here on my blog if not everyday but every few days to show you what I have accomplished.

This idea came about from Peggy Krzyzewski, author of "Making Mixed Media Art Charms and Jewelry" and her blog post titled Commitment Issues. I have started a link of those bloggers that will be taking up the challenge so if you want to join in, leave me a comment or send me an e-mail with your blog address and I'll add your blog to the list so people can follow our progress.

This doesn't mean you have to create a tangible item each day but devote a block of time to creating. I know some days all I do is create my card background for my ATC's and not finish any of them and other days I finish quite a bit as I have more time.

I know Jenn, Editor of Cloth Paper Scissors left a comment on my blog yesterday about the Cloth Paper Scissors Gift issue and yes I have it. There are some great ideas for creating and gift giving. I especially love the Wrap It section of the magazine as there are some great ideas that you can use anytime and not just for the holidays. Check out the Interweave store or click the link to get your copy.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a noble challenge---am I up to it? I should give it a whirl!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin