Saturday, November 20, 2010

Creating Art While Traveling

Today I created a travel bag of art supplies to take on trips that involve planes and cruise ships. It needed to be something small that would pack easily and yet contain all the necessary stuff I know I will need want. I found a 5 x 7 zippered bag from some other storage system I have and just started cramming stuff inside.


I really think that someone needs to create  a travel kit for people to take with them on trips so that they don't have to dig in their stash to try to put something together. I know that have small sets for painting but I haven't seen anything for paper crafts, collage or art journaling. Here is what I ended up with in my zippered bag.



Set of colored pens, scrapbook paper cut to size, mixed media white paper cut to size, several ATC size cards, a small journal type book, various brads, cut outs, ink pen, scissors, small zip baggies, glue stick and double stick tape.

It was really hard to not pack in some watercolors or acrylic paints, brushes and paper or some gem tree making supplies but I decided I probably had enough to keep me busy when bored. I'll be testing it out soon so I'll let you know how it turns out.

Today was create day #20. Are you still creating?

1 comment:

  1. Neat idea. It would make a great gift for someone too.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin