Sunday, January 23, 2011

Finally a Sunny Day


Yes, yesterday was just beautiful and since it was so nice we set out on a day trip to the ocean. We stopped at the Westport Winery before hitting the beach and tasted a few wines. They were very yummy. If you haven't been to the winery before then it is worth a trip if you are in the area.

This weekend was record high tide and you could sure tell as we drove up beach road and we could see the waves. The beach in the picture is at Grayland and is usually very quiet and close to our property where we park the motor home when camping. We ate lunch at Bennett's in Grayland which is one of our favorites. They have great chowder. Actually, I don't think we have ever had anything bad there. If you want to check out some reviews here is a link. Then finally on our way home we stopped at Brady's and got some oysters. I think we will be cooking those up tomorrow for dinner. Humm, I wonder if I could get away with a little midnight oyster snack.

My paper charms that I have been struggling with will finally get in the mail tomorrow and I started working on a different swap of altered altoid tins. I finished a small one as a gift and am now working on the 3 larger ones. One thing about altering a tin, if you are going to paint it be sure to sand it first then use gesso as the first layer as a primer. I painted mine then glued some scrapbook cardstock to the front, bottom and sides of one. Here is what they looked like with the gesso. One tin will hold some of my matchbook note pads and some colored pencils. I'll post photos when I'm finished.


I did receive an altered tin early in the mail this week. It is a cute mermaid treasure box with all kinds of things a mermaid would collect.


It's always nice to get a surprise in the mail besides the normal bills. I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with getting nice surprises in the mail! I also agree with sanding down and then painting some kind of primer first before doing anything else. :D That's experience talking here. Glad you got some sunny days. We're dying for snow here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin