Sunday, January 16, 2011

In a Sea of Nothingness

Do you ever feel like you are just drifting in and out of life with no real direction? I've felt that way for the past couple of weeks. I have so much to do and don't know where to start first. Even now as I try to write this my mind is just blank. I know what I want to say but getting it out is becoming difficult.

If I haven't put more pressure on myself I joined a art charm swap that has an Asian paper theme. I still have to finish those up and get them mailed by the end of the month. I decided on folded paper fans but to make them 1" is difficult for me. I'm much more comfortable making charms using wire and beads but I am trying to challenge myself but feel as if I'm losing myself in the process. I think next time before I join a swap, I'll try to make a few charms in the theme to see how it goes first.

For those of you that have been following me for awhile, I joined another Bead Soup swap hosted by Lori Anderson and have my assigned partner. I haven't participated in a bead soup in several months and I'm really looking forward to it. The goal is to put together a grouping of beads, focal bead, clasp and any other items you think might look good and send it to your partner. They will then make a necklace or bracelet and post pictures on their blog. I had a lot of fun last year making my necklace out of beads that Cathryn of Chile Cats sent me. You can check out Lori's blog Pretty Things to keep up to date on all the activities.

Here is a picture of what my bead soup from Cathryn looked like and the finished product.




I have been trying to teach at least one or two classes each month and this month the Gem and Mineral club that I belong to hosted a Hands On class yesterday. I taught my Tree of Hope and Life and had 3 students and one 5 year old who wanted to make a tree and actually did make one. He was so proud of that tree. Here are a few pictures. They all did a wonderful job.




If you are interested in taking a gem tree class I have two scheduled at Shipwreck Beads in Lacey, WA. One on February 5th and the other March 6th.

I'm sure I'll get my s&*% together this week and have lots more fun, creativity and cute doggie photos to share. Have a good one.

2 comments:

  1. It can get overwhelming at times. It's good that you are challenging yourself, even when it's difficult. I'm learning how to wrap bird nest charms--so far all my attempts look like a major mistake by a mutant. But I keep at it because #1) I need them and want to learn and #2) I've come too far to stop!

    So glad you're in the party too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been doing some painting and all my attempts look like they were done by a five year old! Practice makes perfect I guess. I've got other things I want to do and learn too, sometimes it's a bit overwhelming trying to figure out where to start.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin