Saturday, June 04, 2011

The Bead Soup Reveal

Finally today is the reveal of the results of my bead soup. Lori Anderson at Pretty Things organizes Bead Soup parties a couple times a year. This one was a Fairy Tale/ Fantasy based in color and design. Lori paired us up to exchange beads and then we were tasked to make something with those beads. Now I get to show you what I made. I received two soups, but unfortunately I have only had time to make a couple of pieces with the first one. This soup is from Loretta and is predominately green and purple with the purple being Amethyst.

There was so much to work with here with the glass beads, a couple of polyclay beads, amethyst and some cute metal ones with flowers on it. She even sent me some memory wire which I had never used before, so I dug right on in. This is the first piece, a bracelet on the memory wire which highlights the glass frog because as Loretta put it you have to kiss a lot of frogs to find your prince.

This next piece I used only the amethyst pieces she sent and added one of mine which is the flower at the bottom. I donated this piece to the Puyallup Valley Gem & Mineral Clubs raffle. Proceeds of the raffle support scholarships for students majoring in Earth Sciences.

I have one more soup left and several beads that would make a great bracelet that came from Eve. Maybe after this hectic weekend I'll be able to concentrate on making something out of it.

Now if you would like to follow us in the blog hop with our bead soup, check out these links. I can't wait to see all the fabulous things that were made.


Fairy Tale/Spring Bead Swap Blog Hop

Lori Anderson, Pretty Things
Rebecca Anderson, Song Beads
Courtney Breul, Beads By Breul 
Loretta Carstensen, Designs by Loretta
Evelyn Hall, Dragon Lady Evelyn
Sandy Richardson, Sandy's Coloring Box
Tara Plote, Newbie Beader
Christine Brandel, A Hot Piece of Glass
Lisa Sittniewski, Alterity Art
Joanna Matuszczyk, Filcowe
Jenni Connolly, Jenni Bead
Geneva Collins, Torque Story
Elisabeth Auld, Beads For Busy Gals
Sally Russick, Wireworked
Mary McGraw, MK's Creative Musings
Norma Turvey, Moonlit Fantaseas
Erin Prais-Hintz, Treasures Found 
Stephanie Haussler, Pixybug Designs
Shai Williams, Shaia's Ramblings
Johanna Rhodes, Fire Phoenix Creations
Sandi Lee James, Do Be Do Bead Do
Valerie Norton, Hot Fused Glass

Hopefully everyone is having a great weekend.

13 comments:

  1. I love what you created! The frog bracelet is wonderful!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The frog bracelet is so cute and the purple and chain necklace is elegant and understated. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Two soups! You are very ambitious. Love that necklace that you donated. Those are such pretty purples. And that cute frog! Thanks for playing along. This was fun.
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the amethyst necklace - and the frog bracelet is super cute! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun bracelet, Dana. I was excited to see what you would come up with. Great job. I'm happy that you were able to donate the necklace for a worthy cause. The purple beads are actually Fluorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Loretta for clarifying that the larger stones are fluorite. Everybody is loving the necklace. Hopefully it will generate lots of money.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love them all, but that necklace pendant is divine! And I'm excited about that last soup -- true Bead Soup, and I could make a killer charm bracelet out of it!!! Just the thing I like.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your frog bracelet is so cute and the necklace is very elegant. I hope it does well for you at the fundraiser, a lovely and generous gift.
    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous5:12 AM

    Dana - Love your pieces! I couldn't wait to see what you would come up with :)
    it is so cool that you donated one of the pieces...what a nice idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I love that purple necklace especially, so elegant. Beautiful amethyst, one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The frog prince bracelet is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great soup and that bracelet is just great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin