Sunday, April 08, 2012

A Button Swap

I've had this fascination with buttons for a long time. I use them frequently now in my sewing and art work. I have even created a button tree sculpture with them. Well I joined a button swap hosted by Cindy Wimmer and on a recent trip to our antique store here in town I found a ton of cool buttons and they were cheap. I think a small bag was only $1.95 with the larger one at $3.95. So, I got all these lovelies for under $10.00. Now my swap partner doesn't know what I'm sending her but at least two of the buttons will come from this stash.


These are the coolest metal buttons. Love the windmill one. Wish I knew how old they were.

Not sure if these are old but they came out of the same metal stash at the antique store, they are metal (probably brass) edges with a plastic button inside. Love the little heart motif.

This button was so unusual, it is plastic but has all these symbols on it. Good size for a clasp on a bracelet I think and since they look Egyptian, I have just the charms to put with it on that bracelet.

Another cute little button, looks like a robot to me.

This didn't come from the antique store but was in my stash and I just had to share. This is my favorite special button that I will probably treasure forever and never use just because.

I hope everyone had a great Easter if you celebrate. We had a huge dinner at my mother's with lots of family and friends and great food. If you want to see what I've been up to in the ART world, check out my blog Basically ART.

Here is a sneak peak:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin