Friday, May 25, 2012

Struggling with Design

Today I am beating my head against a wall. I have indecision with me and I really don't like him. Note I did call it a him as that is what I believe it to be as my muse is a woman. I've been working on some Amulets and Talismans for a charm swap. I've done quite a bit of research so they at least look somewhat authentic and then just trying to figure out how to craft them was giving me fits.

Here is what I have so far:

We are challenged by size as we can't go larger than 1 1/2" in length so I immediately have to eliminate the bottle with all the healing and protection in it (agates, seeds, salt, rosemary) as it will be too long. I don't like the triangle with the eye in the middle... it just needs something more. The other four, I'm okay with. Would love comments, ideas or anything else you might suggest.

I made some really cool crystal ball pendants that would have been great for this swap this past weekend but alas they are too long, so they will get used for a pendant swap. I think the rock crystal is about a 16mm.


If I would have thought about it, I could have gotten some a bit smaller. I think they would have made a great charm and had significant meaning.

Well, If I'm going to get finished with these blasted things I better get back to it. Have a great Memorial weekend and be safe. I'll be posting an update on my art blog later today if you want to check that out.

Cheers, Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin