Saturday, July 07, 2012

The 6th Bead Soup Party

It is that time of year again for Lori Anderson's Bead Soup Blog Party hop. See link on the right hand column if you want to check it out. I am in the first reveal (7/28) ooh, that's coming up fast, and my awesome partner is Cheryl McCloud... here is her blog..talk about a wonderful artist.

There are so many of us in this blog hop that Lori has separated it into 3 different reveal dates so we have time to visit everyone's blog and see what wonderful jewelry creations they made with their partners beads.

The rules of play are that you must have a blog and you must use the focal and the clasp that your partner sends you. You don't have to use both focal and clasp in one piece. We post pictures showing the pieces we made on the reveal date and then hop around to all the other blogs. Fun right.

Well I received this wonderful soup from my partner.


See those lovely enameled pieces in the bottom left, well those Cheryl made herself. I think I will have to use that large one as my focal. So many choices. The color palette is perfect. I'm going to have to get started.

If you follow me on Facebook then you have seen these photos before but just in case you haven't, I made these two necklaces yesterday.



Both of these necklaces are longish and feature all vintage pieces like chandelier crystals, old buttons, old pins, old bottle (top photo), crystals from an old necklace, sari silk and on the last one a silver piece off a watch chain. All the chain is new. I had one other one but when I wore it to lunch with a friend she took it right off my neck claiming she needed to take it to Paris with her...LOL. I kind of figured she would like that necklace. It was similar in design to the bottom picture with the crystal point as the centerpiece.

4 comments:

  1. "Dana's Jewelry Designs" has been included in an edition of Thinking of Christmas Gifts in July for 2012. I hope this helps to point many new visitors (not to mention customers!) in your direction.

    http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2012/07/thinking-of-christmas-gifts-in-july_8.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry I appreciate it. I dropped by your post and I love some of those items for your Christmas in July. Thanks for linking.

      Delete
  2. Wow - that is some gorgeous pieces she sent you! Can't wait for all the reveal dates to see what everyone creates. Have fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your soup is so sweet. The shades remind me of an English garden. As well, your necklaces are quite romantic also. That second one really captures my imagination and offers up tons of inspiration. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin